Sunday 13 February 2011

Day 14

It's Sunday 13th Feb and we started on Monday 30th Jan.


I started at 19 stone 1 lb, and now I'm 18 stone 6 lb, so bein' off the booze has achieved something, at least.


We are on the second phase and we're having veg/salad along with the protein on alternate days. Still not ideal, but then I cannot recall any part of the diet including four pints of beer a day.....


I'm told that other diets are easier, healthier, more sustainable - even enjoyable (now that I CANNOT imagine.... to ENJOY a diet regime? Nah!) but this is the one I'm on, so this is what we're doing. It's a Mastermind job..... "I've started, so I'll finish" - thank you Magnus.


So, this week we've eaten beef casserole, Lemon haddock, a sort of a mincey-curry-y-thing and all sorts. I've discovered a useful site: http://www.mydukandiet.com/, which I believe to be American. It gives a number of good ideas for making Dukan bearable. I have to confess that I'm still not sold on it, but as it's in process, that's what will be done for now.


I didn't think I'd miss bread, but Iam doing so. My quest for Dukan-friendly bread is still going on. I know that there are recipes for it, but it involves wheat bran as well as oat bran, and I've yet to find wheat bran. I suppose it'll be in the health food shops. That ingredient is supposed to open up a completely new world of joy and variety (yeah, right) and I'm looking forward to it. But not as much as I'm missing garlic bread. C'est comme ça.


So, here we go with the second week of the Cruise phase. I suppose I'm getting used to it. I confess that it's nice to be able to snaffle smoked mackerel from the fridge whenever I fancy it, but I'd swap it for a good quality pint.

You should also, if you are on the Dukan trail, visit: dukanfatbuster.blogspot.com/ because this lass is at about the same stage as we are - and her blog is MUCH better than mine. I've no idea who she is or where she is, but she seems a very capable person with a blog. I'm certainly gonna be following her progress with interest and take any advice that may come my way.

As I said to someone the other day when I was fiddling with my dishwasher salt in Tesco.... "I'll be hiding behind a piece of paper soon.... held sideways!" Some hope, but I am less of a man than I was so there is hope for me yet.

Have a great week......

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for lovely mention - I'm sure you're being too kind. Don't be fooled, all the pics and links are there to keep my mind off cake. Hope your dukan-ing is going well. I'm on day seven tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete