Wednesday 2 February 2011

Day 3 (logically)

It seems that a couple of our friends started the Dukan on the same day..... they didn't know we were and we didn't know they were!
It's getting to be popular.

Day 3 started with fat-free yogurt and oat bran and a hard-boiled egg. Ok. Jan had a sort of porridge made with milk & oat bran. Perhaps I'll try that tomorrow morning, to avoid having eggs.

I seem to have lost a couple of pounds - I am 18 stone and a lot rather than 19 stone and a little. If I could just go to the loo I'd lose several pounds at one 'sitting', so to speak.......

I am keeping to the required water intake; with the resultant 'peeing for England' effect, and I have been completely off the booze since Sunday. That fact alone should tell anyone who knows me that I'm serious about this weight loss business. Surprisingly enough, I'm not actually missing the beer that much. I'm amazed. I think that when it comes to Friday afternoon at 5pm it may be a different story - The Crown has a really nice 5 o'clock club when the beer price goes down...... and the beer goes down as well. I'm gonna miss it this week, I fear.

Anyone thinking of doing this Dukan diet should definitely read the book thoroughly first. It's not that interesting - no-one gets killed and you start off knowing who did it. However, reading the book gives all of the little bits of information that you'll need to know. It really does have to be taken seriously because those people who simply eat all protein without doing the other bits will not just be constipated - they'll be ill. The diet makes good scientific sense if all of the statistics quoted are correct, but if it's not done right there could be a build-up of all sorts of toxins; uric acid being just one.

Lunch was a good amount of Tesco's finest smoked mackerel. And lovely it was too.
I kept being reminded how nice lunch was for all of the afternoon, dammit.

Galettes were on the menu this evening; now there's a change. Pan-fried (with an oil spray of 1 calorie) smoked haddock topped the galettes and I put together a sauce of f/f yogurt, quark and a little milk, flavoured with dried dill and fresh parsley. It needed to be seasoned quite heavily, especially black pepper, to bring the herbs to the fore. It all went down quite well. I scoffed the other couple of galettes afterwards. I will have to do something magic with lean mince tomorrow. And I'll try to leave off the galettes - somehow.

I'm hoping for some movement of the scales tomorrow morning (before or after a certain other 'movement' I really don't care) to give me some encouragement. Jan has lost a few pounds. Perhaps she's doing something I'm not. Or not doing something that I am and shouldn't be. Anyway, Bella D.Dog was happy with the longer walk this afternoon.

Ok, that's me done for today, now, where are those crab sticks.......

No comments:

Post a Comment