Thursday 3 February 2011

Day 4

Half-way point in the 7 day 'attack' phase.

.....and I've BEEN!

....It was about as slow and painful as being in an M25 traffic jam with Chris Evans on the radio.

However, leaving all of that behind me.....

Day 4. Boiled eggs for brekky, pig's kidney for lunch and beef mince & onions for dinner; I've survived the day. I think that my afternoon walk with the dog was a bit short but I had been making lots of kitchen cupboard doors during the morning so, with luck, that may make up for it a bit. More water will have to be consumed before bedtime, but that's not a problem. I'd prefer it if the water had been through the brewing process though.

Dukan-wise, an uneventful day. No great pangs of want or need, no gazing longingly at the only can of beer in the fridge, no nuthin' really. My difficulty is, however, that at 5pm tomorrow I would normally be at The Crown, one foot on the rail, dog by my side, relating to other sad sods about my week whilst downing copious quantities of amber fluid. And I can't do it. I can't even go down there at that time because it'd feel quite bizarre with a cup of black coffee replacing numerous pints of San Miguel. Buggrit.

Never mind; I am losing weight, and I'm saving the beer money. Not that Steve, the landlord, will be pleased about that; he'll just remind me when I see him next that so many village pubs are going to the wall and that I could be part of his downfall.

The thing is that I agree with him.

So, the only comment I can make at this time is that I'll be glad when this protein-only 'attack' phase is over (on Monday) because I'm starting to make sheep's eyes at the bag of frozen petits-pois and becoming quite orgasmic at the thought of a wonderful 8-minute steamed Brussels sprout.

Hey-ho.

No comments:

Post a Comment