Friday 4 February 2011

Day by Day by Dukan - sounds like the name of a new book!

Day 5; Friday 4th Feb 2011.

18 stone 10lbs. That means I have lost 5 lbs since Monday morning.

Hips are hurting less - but that could be just down to more exercise. Whatever it is, I'm glad, as I didn't like them hurting like that.
Still difficult 'going', but not quite so much as it was.
That oat bran and skimmed milk makes a passable porridge. Jan discovered that a while ago. I agree.
Prawns for lunch. Nice cream lemon dip..... fat-free yogurt, chopped fresh herbs and grated zest of lemon . Don't put much lemon juice in though or it'll be too tart. It's great with poached salmon.
Back to the galettes again this eve (yawn) but with swordfish steaks and the lemon dip.
I'm still drinking my water, but I can't truthfully say it has been a litre and a half today yet. We're going to a Chinese New Year celebration on Sunday eve where the beer will be flowing like water..... and I'll be on the water. not the beer... Dammit. Still, we'll be able to have a little food on Sun eve as the following morning we start the second phase of the Dukan Diet - The CRUISE phase.
I don't think it'll be such a 'cruise' as the book suggests. However, we'll be able to have veg for 5 days out of the 7 in a week. Not spuds, rice, corn or any of the other starchy veg. Or peas. Or avocado (I know; it's a fruit). At least I can have my steamed sprout. I'll be on this phase for between two and four months, until I get to my target weight; 15 stone nuffin.
I missed my 5 o'clock club - BUGGRIT! I could hardly walk down to the Crown and have a cup of coffee, could I? I might be able to have one next week. But that'll be it. One. I'm not going to mess up the whole diet for an extreme glug of San Miguel on a Friday.
So, into the weekend we go. Let's see what happens.
When in the Cruise phase I will probably not blog every day; probably week by week, but it will still be open and truthful so that it is a genuine representation of one person's attempt at weight loss using this book-based eating plan.
Happy weekend to you.......

No comments:

Post a Comment