Tuesday 1 March 2011

Day 29.... dammit!

Well, it's four weeks and one day since the start of this regime.

29 days.

No booze (except for the booze I've had).... no lamb (except for one rack split between me'n'the missus - and it was lovely)..... but I have to confess that I'm still the same weight that I was last week.

18 stone 4 lbs.

Dammit.

So it's been worth it. But now it's back to the slog. Ok, I'll accept that.

A really nice protein & veg dinner has been chickem breast sliced horizontally into two pieces and simmered in chickem stock, with baby leeks (from the allotment) cooked in with the chuckie, and carrots (allotment) chipped into oblique rondelles (cut at an angle).

Tonight, the missus came in from the first performance of 'Separate Tables' at our local theatre.... and she'd remembered her lines, so we celebrated with a small G&T (but hers was smaller than mine). I think we have been quite restrained, as today I was given a lovely bottle of 1999 Fleurie.... not a wine to be underestimated or easily dismissed. Fleurie is a French village that has a lovely road running through it, with centrally mounted fountains, feratuires and all sorts. It's a very rich village in Burgundy and very much worth a visit. Anyway, we haven't opened it yet and won't until my second stone vanishes.

.....that'll be about 2013!

Ok, back to the slog. A pure protein day tomorrow. What will I put before my lovely missus before she goes on stage.......? Tuna on Dukan gallettes, perhaps?

1 comment:

  1. Nice when you cheat and the weight stays the same - an eclair and a vat of wine slipped down my gullet this week and I think i just about got away with it. I'm only on week four (starts on Mon) and I already want to eat my head and wash it down with booze and cake x

    ReplyDelete