Monday 21 March 2011

Day 50 - and it feels like YEAR 50

Well, perhaps not THAT bad.... not quite.

I think I made a mistake with starting the diet on a Monday.

The problem is that we tend to be good during the week, and then we may just have a slight cheaty-bit at the weekend. Monday comes and I have to tell Jan that the scales have broken - again. Mind you, she agrees that if they're broken for me.........

So, today comes - day 50 - and the scales are broken again.

I think I'll take my weight on Thursdays, because on Thursday of last week they read 18 stone and a quarter of a pound. Tantalisingly close (4 ounces) to 17 stone something. 17 stone ANYTHING would be good; I haven't been 17 stone something for two years. What was my weight this morning? 18 stone 4 POUNDS, not ounces.

AND I'D JUST HAD A POO! Dammit!

So, here we go, back to the water, back to the strict regime. But it could be worse; today is a veg day so at least we can look forward to having a salad this evening.

Cor! Comes t'summat, eh lad, when I look forward to having a ruddy salad.

But, realistically, Day 50: Achievements.....
1. Lost over a stone (well, I had on Thursday of last week) in one-seventh of a year.
2. I can walk a great deal a) easier, and b) further than I have been able to for a couple of years.
3. My fat fighs (thighs) are less fat and don't rub together at the top causing me intense pain.
4. I walk more upright.
5. My hips don't hurt as much.
6. I puff MUCH less when doing anything.
7. My calves have reduced in size so that I can now put me wellies on.
8. As booze is patraken less often, me liver's not so knackered as it was.

So, all in all, I'm a reasonably happy bunny. Now, where's me salad leaves.........?

I won't complain - MUCH!






.

No comments:

Post a Comment